How to Prepare for a Successful Video Call
June 01, 2020
With COVID-19 many companies have transitioned into going remote. Which means having meetings and interviews over video. Here are a few tips on how to prepare and have a successful video call.
- Dress professionally and wear a plain or neutral shirt so that it doesn’t distract or take the focus away from you.
- Find a place with good lighting.
- Square up your shoulders and make sure to look directly into the camera. A pro-tip is to adjust your video to have the image of the person you are speaking to right by the camera.
- Test out the video platform you will be using in advance so you feel comfortable before the call.
- Turn off all alerts on your phone and find a nice quiet, distraction free place to hold your virtual meeting.
- Lastly, remember to smile, relax … and be yourself :)
You've got the skillset and the tip above will help express that in a successful interview. Interested in joining V School and receiving lifetime career support? Let's talk.Schedule a call here.